Completed in May 2014, Our work on this project consisted of:
- Renewing all drainage for the property, including a new septic tank installation.
- A large extension to the rear of the property, including refurbishment work carried out on much of the ground floor of the existing house.
- Velux windows installed to the existing roof to allow light into the bedrooms.
- A garage built at the rear of the property, complete with electrically operated sectional front door.
- A new tarred driveway round the property, finished off with decorative stone borders and landscaping.
What the client said...
We couldn't have chosen a better company to build our extension.
After asking a number of builders to price our extension plans, which in itself was a traumatic experience, we found A MacLeod Building doing an extension close to our house. Right from our first meeting we loved the professional attitude that Alasdair showed. It impressed us how he accurately priced the build and stuck to that all the way through, which gave us great peace of mind throughout. Alasdair’s business model worked very well for us, as he was able to concentrate on our build almost solely from start to completion, during an extremely stressful time it is invaluable to know that the team were dedicated to our project, it assured us throughout that we had made the right choice.
One of the most positive attributes for us was, unlike some contractors that we have seen in the past, who rely heavily on sub contracted tradesmen, Alasdair directly employed most of the trades, therefore the issues of accountability with sub contractors, sometimes seen in other builds was unheard of with this build. The comfort that Alasdair and the team gave us being on site every day was precious, we could see progress quickly, and they were very patient and accommodating when every day we came home excited to hear a blow by blow account of their day and plans ahead.
The guys kept a meticulously clean site, with no safety concerns, their eye for detail was superb and finishes perfect. Everyone who has visited the house since completion has been amazed by the quality of the build, and we are very proud to have this as our home.
We can't thank the team enough for their hard work, and dedication, we would definitely recommend A MacLeod Building Ltd to others, and we would absolutely recruit the guys again if we had another extension to build!
Arthur and Sadie Leith - Crossraguel, Kintore